In times of crisis, be a Host
Help make a bigger impact
This is a moment of urgency like no other. Right now, tens of thousands are fleeing a life-threatening crisis in Afghanistan. Inspired by years of generosity of Hosts, Airbnb.org is partnering with resettlement agencies to fund temporary stays for 20,000 Afghan refugees. Hosts can help even more people by offering short-term stays for free or at a discount. Even if you’ve never hosted on Airbnb, you can help.
Host with a discount
There’s an urgent, unprecedented need for emergency stays for refugees arriving from Afghanistan. Airbnb.org will offer stays to 20,000 Afghan refugees.
How hosting works
- Help welcome even more people by hosting free or discounted stays, from a few days to a few weeks.
- Our nonprofit partners support guests eligible for these temporary stays in making longer-term plans.
- Airbnb provides Hosts with dedicated community support and the USD $1,000,000 Host Guarantee.
Every dollar donated helps fill this critical need for emergency stays.
How donating works
- 1100% of your donation will go toward connecting people with temporary housing.
- 2We waive all processing fees, so every dollar you donate helps people find a place to stay.
- 3Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable under United States law.
The more people we can reach, the more people we can help. Spread the word to help us widen the welcome for refugees in this time of crisis.
Have more questions about hosting refugees? We’re here to help.
How Airbnb is stepping up
Airbnb is waiving Host and guest fees for refugee stays.
Airbnb and other donors to Airbnb.org are funding stays for 20,000 Afghan refugee guests.
Airbnb provides Hosts with dedicated community support and the USD $1,000,000 Host Guarantee.