A powerful welcome for refugees
Right now, refugee guests from Afghanistan need short-term stays. You can help, even if you’ve never hosted before.
In February 2022, Airbnb.org reached its goal of facilitating stays for 20,000 Afghan refugee guests. These stays were funded by Airbnb, alongside other donors to Airbnb.org. With your support, we can do even more. Help provide stays for the next 20,000 refugees by joining thousands of Airbnb.org Hosts to offer short-term stays for free or at a discount, or donate toward stays for people in times of crisis.
Offer a place to stay
You can help welcome even more people by hosting free or discounted short-term stays.
How hosting works
- You’ll provide a comfortable bed, basic amenities, and as many consecutive nights as possible.
- Airbnb.org partners with resettlement agencies that screen refugee guests for eligibility and assist them before, during, and after their stays.
- Airbnb provides Hosts with AirCover: $1 million in liability insurance, $1 million in damage protection, and more.
Find a place to stay
To find a place to stay through Airbnb.org, first connect with one of our resettlement agencies or nonprofit partners.
Once you’re connected with the resettlement agency or nonprofit partner, they will book and coordinate payment for stays on your behalf as a refugee guest.
What resettlement agencies do
Our partners are resettlement agencies and other nonprofits that welcome Afghan refugees. These organizations support newcomers in finding housing, healthcare, job support, and more.
What Airbnb.org does
Airbnb.org provides grants and technology to our nonprofit partners to connect their clients with secure temporary housing.
Make a donation
Every dollar donated helps fill a critical need for emergency stays.
How donating works
- 100% of your donation will go toward connecting people with temporary housing.
- Airbnb.org doesn’t charge processing fees, so every dollar you donate helps people find a place to stay.
- Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowable under your local tax laws.
How Airbnb contributes
Airbnb provides Hosts with AirCover: $1 million in liability insurance, $1 million in damage protection, and more.
Airbnb and its founders are contributing to the first 20,000 stays for Afghan refugee guests.
Airbnb is waiving Host and guest fees on all Airbnb.org stays for refugees.